Monday, January 26, 2009

Happy Birthday Rabbie Burns

250 years old- and still looking pretty good!

Hears a drawing I did while digesting my haggis, neeps and tatties. It was Burn's night, celebrating the 250th birthday of Scotlands National bard. Caught up in the spirit of the year of homecoming and a' that, I raised a wee dram for Robert Burns.

Auld acquaintance

Pen and ink on paper

8x10 inches


The drawing is obviously based on the famous Alexander Nasmyth’s portrait of Robert Burns that hangs in Edinburgh's Scottish National Portrait gallery

http://www.nationalgalleries.org/collection/online_az/4:322/result/0/1962?initial=N&artistId=3547&artistName=Alexander%20Nasmyth&submit=1

Ryan

1 comment:

Ron Guthrie said...

Ryan,
This is excellent work with the pen. Clean and to the point.
I know what a hagis is but have no idea what the other stuff was, haha. Did you really eat a hagis!? I've heard that's a test just to get past the nostrils.
Nice work on this one Ryan.
Ron